Sony today announced LinkBuds, a new truly wireless earbuds with unique design and spatial sound technologies. The main highlight of LinkBuds is its design. The open ring design allows you to tune into the outside world without compromising your listening experience. This design will remove the need of features like Transparency Mode.
The newly-developed ring driver unit, has the centre of the diaphragm open for audio transparency, allowing you to clearly hear the sounds around.
The LinkBuds is just four grams in weight and the protective surface covering the speaker diaphragm is integrated within the housing, saving space. The small size and ultra-light weight will allow you to wear them all day without any issues.
Sony LinkBuds features:
- LinkBuds’ include precise voice pickup technology that performs advanced voice signal processing.
- Thanks to DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) your personal soundtrack will be restored to high quality. Sony’s Integrated Processor V1 reproduces all the detail in your music with minimal distortion.
- A specially designed 12mm ring driver provides rich, well-balanced sound.
- Adaptive Volume Control automatically optimises volume based on where you are.
- With Wide Area Tap all control is at your fingertips. By double or triple tapping in front of either of your ears, you can adjust playback to your liking – there’s no need to touch the LinkBuds themselves.
- With Speak-to-Chat you can automatically pause your music as soon as you speak to someone. Once your conversation is over, your music starts playing automatically.
- Support for “OK Google” or “Alexa”.
- LinkBuds support Google’s Fast Pair and Microsoft’s Swift Pair.
- With Quick access, you can configure LinkBuds to resume Spotify playback with just a couple of taps.
- LinkBuds provide enhanced capabilities integrated with Microsoft Soundscape. Compass/gyro sensors inside the earphones can detect the direction of your head and allow you to hear the sound from a destination.
- LinkBuds have IPX4 water resistance rating.
- You can also enjoy a full working day of charge – 5.5 hours – from the earbuds and store an additional 12 hours in the case. Just a 10 minute charge gives you up to 90 minutes of play time.
- LinkBuds also come with 360 Reality Audio.
You can check out the product launch video below.
Sony LinkBuds will be available in Grey and White from February 2022 for $150.