Meta today announced three new features for Messenger users. One of them is limited to Messenger users in the US while the other two will be available to everyone around the world.
First, Messenger is adding Split Payments feature in the US. If you are familiar with Splitwise payment app, you must have used this feature in the past. Using this feature, you can split your bill evenly or customize the amount each person owes.
Here’s how this feature works:
• To use Split Payments, tap the + icon in a group chat and select the payments tab, then tap the Get started button.
• You can split your bill evenly or customize the amount each person owes.
• Enter a personalized message, confirm your payment details, and send the request.
• Friends who are new to payments in Messenger can easily add payment details to send and receive money.
Split Payments feature is now available in the US on Messenger iOS and Android apps.
Second, Messenger app now has new voice message recording controls that will allow you to pause, preview, delete, or continue recording a voice message before sending. Until now, Messenger only allowed you to send 1 minute voice messages. Messenger is now increasing the voice message duration to 30 minutes.
Third, with the Vanish Mode feature, you can send disappearing memes, GIFs, stickers or reactions. Here’s how you can enable Vanish mode in Messenger app:
• Open an existing chat thread on your mobile device and swipe up.
• Swipe up again to come back to your regular chat.