Samsung yesterday announced a new update for Samsung Galaxy Watch4 series which brings improved health and wellness features, upgraded watch faces and more. In addition to the software update, Samsung also announced new strap colors including burgundy and cream, and the new fabric band and link bracelet. You can learn more about the software update below.
- The latest Samsung Health app update will be providing body composition insights powered by Centr, a digital fitness program curated by Chris Hemsworth. Samsung will be offering Galaxy Watch4 users with a 30-day trial for unrestricted access to Centr.
- The new interval target feature for runners and cyclists allows them to pre-set the duration, distance and number of sets for their workout. Using this, Galaxy Watch4 can guide them through a custom intensity training session with a series of high-intensity workouts interspersed with low-intensity workouts.
- The new sleep coaching program tracks sleep patterns over seven days and asks you to complete two related sleep surveys. Once completed, the program assigns one of eight sleep symbol animals representing the user’s sleep pattern. Later, it will offer a four to five week coaching program that includes missions, checklists, sleep-related articles, meditation guidance and regular reports to improve their sleep quality.
- Galaxy Watch4 can recognize when users fall asleep and automatically turn off Samsung SmartThings enabled lights to create optimal sleeping conditions.
- Samsung Health Monitor app is currently available in 43 markets globally, expanding to 11 more in March, including Canada, Vietnam and South Africa.
- Galaxy Watch4 Users can customize their watch face with new colors and digital clock fonts.
- Ability to stream music over Wi-Fi or LTE from the YouTube Music app on Galaxy Watch4 is coming soon.
- Google Assistant will be available on Galaxy Watch4 series in the coming months.
This new software update for Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic will be available via the Galaxy Wearable app from February 10th KST.