Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a built-in antimalware solution that provides antimalware protection for Windows 10 and Windows 11 PCs. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is an enterprise endpoint security solution for enterprise networks to prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. Microsoft is now bringing the cross-platform security solution to consumers.
With the new Microsoft Defender Preview app, consumers will be able to have a centralized view to manage and monitor their online security status. In addition to their Windows PCs, they can manage security of mobile devices as well.
Now in preview, Microsoft Defender helps protect your data and devices from malicious threats. Easily manage your online security in one centralized view, with industry-leading cybersecurity for you, your family, and your devices.
Microsoft Defender Preview app features:
- Easily add or remove devices
- Safeguard your data and devices: Easily view your malware protections for you and your family
- Get continuous protection with antivirus scans that check for harmful apps already on your phone and computer, as well as new apps
- Control what is scanned by identifying trusted apps and files that you consider safe
- Stay ahead of hackers and scammers: Stay up to date about changes to your security status with real-time alerts
- Get recommended actions for greater data, computer, and phone protection
- Take advantage of security tips about how to stay safer online
You can download the Microsoft Defender Preview app here from Microsoft Store for free. Since the app is in preview phase, you don’t have to pay anything to use the device. However, in the future, Microsoft Defender will require a Microsoft 365 Family or Personal subscription.